Doug Turk, Midwest Rubber Service & Supply Co
2013 Committee Members
Connor Deering, Apache Hose & Belting Inc
Mark Featherston, DEECO Rubber Co, Inc
Frank Hyclak, Veyance Technologies, Inc
Kip Kerby, Great Lakes Belting & Supply Corp
Jackie Robb Britt, Rubber & Accessories, Inc
Gene Torres, Chiorino, Inc
Wes Tyre, Shaw Almex Industries
Chip Winiarski, Flexco
To ensure the perpetuation of NIBA by maintaining an active plan to preserve existing membership and to sustain a continuous recruitment of qualified prospective members.
The Committee is comprised of eight members plus the Chair.
- The committee is responsible for all membership recruiting and retention activities, including promotional materials.
- The committee publishes an annual membership directory.
- The committee verifies eligibility of all applicants for NIBA membership, and recommends approval or disapproval to the Board of Directors.
2011-13 Strategic Goals
- Determine role of Trade Companies and Rep Agencies in NIBA – Carefully analyze risks and rewards and present a recommendation to the Board of Directors on membership of these types of companies.
- Review Current Membership Structure– Consider the addition of new categories including the current structure, the end-user, and all entities in between.
- Review and Restructure Dues – Project dues scenarios based on different revenue tiers for Manufacturer and Distributor members, and consider incorporation of Annual Convention booth costs.
- Improve Prospect List – Involve key Manufacturer members and NIBA staff in development of the NIBA prospect list.
- Create Incentive Programs – Research beneficial programs that incentivize current members to be more involved in recruitment of new members. (e.g.: co-op dollars for first-time Distributor members)
- Create Recruiting & Retention Aids – Starting with a clear value statement, materials will be developed how to sell NIBA in a quantifiable and marketable fashion.