**Content is currently under development, watch for information coming soon.
Fast Facts: What was the world like in the 1930’s?
- Population: 123,188,000 in 48 states
- Life Expectancy: Male, 58.1; Female, 61.6
- Average salary: $1,368
- Unemployment rises to 25%
- Huey Long propses a guaranteed annual income of $2,500
- Car Sales: 2,787,400
- Food Prices: Milk, 14 cents a qt.; Bread, 9 cents a loaf; Round Steak, 42 cents a pound
What was NIBA like?
Historical Fast Facts gathered from http://kclibrary.lonestar.edu/decade20.html