Mike Cremeens, Shaw Almex Industries
2014 Committee Members
Jessica Burgess, Stroup & Son Ltd
Stephenie Davis, BMG Conveyor Services of Florida Inc
Bert Flieger, Habasit America
Doug Gilg, ContiTech North America
Dell Gutknecht, Reichel-Korfmann Co Inc
Gregg Hanson, Apache Inc
George Houston, Richwood
Kip Kerby, Great Lakes Belting & Supply Corp
Dick McConnell, Flexco
Todd Miller, Beltservice Corporation
Scott Phillips, Global Belting Technologies
Don Sublett, Fenner Dunlop Engineered Conveyor Solutions
Mike VandenAkker, Sparks Belting Company
To educate NIBA members by providing technical information and training materials relative to conveyor belting, flat power transmission belting and accessories.
The Committee is comprised of thirteen members plus the Chair. Both distributor/fabricator and manufacturer members are represented on the committee. Their product or service background is taken into account as much as possible.
- The committee surveys the membership to determine specific training and education needs.
- The committee studies, monitors, and presents to the membership updates in advances in EDI, bar coding and other technologies important to the membership.
- The committee provides belting-related training materials in a variety of mediums.
- The committee is responsible for maintenance of, and additions to, the Engineering Handbook and NIBA Tech-Notes.
- The committee organizes and conducts Technical Seminar trainings.
- The committee participates in the annual Convention by making technical presentations as requested by the Program Committee.
- The committee collects various current belt standards and maintains a library of them for distribution to the NIBA membership upon request.