**Content is currently under development, watch for information coming soon.
Fast Facts: What was the world like in the 1920’s?
- 106,521,537 people in the United States
- 2,132,000 unemployed, Unemployment 5.2%
- Life expectancy: Male 53.6, Female 54.6
- 343.000 in military (down from 1,172,601 in 1919)
- Average annual earnings $1236; Teacher’s salary $970
- Dow Jones High 100 Low 67
- Illiteracy rate reached a new low of 6% of the population.
- Gangland crime included murder, swindles, racketeering
- It took 13 days to reach California from New York There were 387,000 miles of paved road.
What was NIBA like?
Historical Fast Facts gathered from http://kclibrary.lonestar.edu/decade20.html