Fast Facts: What was the world like in the 1997?
- Princess Diana of Wales is killed in a car crash in Paris
- Microsoft becomes the world’s most valuable company valued at $261 billion dollars
- Mother Teresa dies in Calcutta
- Scientists in Scotland reveal the first successful cloning of an adult mammal; a sheep named Dolly
- Stock markets around the world crash because of a global economic crisis scare; New York Stock Exchange officials invokes the “circuit breaker” rule and put a halt to trading
What was NIBA like?
To explore more about what the year 1990 was like, please visit these sites: