Tom Pientok, Apache Hose & Belting Inc
2012 Committee Members
Terri Boyle, AccuPad Inc
Frank Hyclak, Veyance Technologies Inc/Goodyear
Kip Kerby, Great Lakes Belting & Supply Corp
Jackie Robb Britt, Rubber & Accessories Inc
Brian Schachner, Vaughn Belting Company Inc
Michael Stein, Flexco
Doug Turk, Midwest Rubber Service & Supply Co
Michael VandenAkker, Sparks Belting Company
To ensure the perpetuation of NIBA by maintaining an active plan to preserve existing membership and to sustain a continuous recruitment of qualified prospective members.
The Committee is comprised of eight members plus the Chair.
- The committee is responsible for all membership recruiting and retention activities, including promotional materials.
- The committee publishes an annual membership directory.
- The committee verifies eligibility of all applicants for NIBA membership, and recommends approval or disapproval to the Board of Directors.
2011-13 Strategic Goals
- Determine role of Trade Companies and Rep Agencies in NIBA – Carefully analyze risks and rewards and present a recommendation to the Board of Directors on membership of these types of companies.
- Review Current Membership Structure– Consider the addition of new categories including the current structure, the end-user, and all entities in between.
- Review and Restructure Dues – Project dues scenarios based on different revenue tiers for Manufacturer and Distributor members, and consider incorporation of Annual Convention booth costs.
- Improve Prospect List – Involve key Manufacturer members and NIBA staff in development of the NIBA prospect list.
- Create Incentive Programs – Research beneficial programs that incentivize current members to be more involved in recruitment of new members. (e.g.: co-op dollars for first-time Distributor members)
- Create Recruiting & Retention Aids – Starting with a clear value statement, materials will be developed how to sell NIBA in a quantifiable and marketable fashion.